Thursday, July 19, 2012

Catching a Breather Sort of…

This week has not been a fun week for me.  The wonderful world of Time Warner and their continued blockage of WMTW Channel 8 seems to dominate the problems with their service.  To top that off, much of my cable has been out for the last couple of days.  Most of the problem can be attributed to the fact that since the last cable box update a couple of weeks ago, nothing seems to work anymore like it should.  Even my trusty (or not so trusty) Road Runner service decided it was going to poop out on me for many hours leaving me stranded offline and just a small handful of cable channels.

The problems with my system has pretty much been fixed now accept my primary computer has forgotten what a cd drive is.  That’s right all 3 of my cd drives have become invisible to my computer.  Granted my primary machine is going on 10 years old and is running Windows XP Pro meaning that its future is not bright.  I use a family laptop to do these postings along with other important things, but this machine is tied into the primary machine for printing, networking, etc.

I am hoping by next week things will return to normal and I can resume this blog to its fullest potential, but humidity hurts the primary machine and when that happens, I am stuck not even being able to use the laptop since it relies on the other machine.  Isn't life grand?. I didn’t think so either.

I am also hoping to get this blog to a more regular schedule in the future.  Right now, that hasn’t been possible because of my underlying factors, many of which were mentioned above.  I will continue, though, to stray off-topic when I feel the need to as there are things that are important to mention.  As always, I desire your continued support on this blog and please continue to spread the word about this blog..the more who get interested in the cause the more hatred can be spread faster.

Thanks to all and hopefully be back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment