Monday, March 19, 2012

The 50th Post

This being my 50th post I decided at this point to reflect on what has happened up to this point.  To be honest, I am rather disappointed at where this blog sits at right now, but in other ways I am not surprised.  I really thought that coming out of the gate I would get much more support from former Staples employees as well as some employees still holding on in the company.  Instead, I have found more sarcasm than anything else at this point.  It bothers me to think that up to this point that much of what I have written has been criticized by people who may not get it or who think that I am just being lazy for not having a job at this point in time.  I expected to see more comments here in this blog, but the only comments I received was from one person and myself on my very first post last year.  It makes me wonder if people are purposely ignoring all this because they just don’t care or they don’t want to hear about other people’s problems.  I believe it is a little bit of both.  Maybe people are ashamed of being a part of this blog as they would feel personally attacked by it.  That is not and should not be the case under any circumstances.  What I present here in this blog is the TRUTH which Staples denies all the way.  Since nobody from the company has ever responded or probably ever will, I will assume they don’t care what I write because they are done destroying me for now.

Destroying me you say.  Yes, as I celebrate and not in a good way, my 3 year dismissal as of yesterday (March 18th) from Staples, it should be noted that it has been a living hell since then. 

Let’s go back to that faithful day 3 years ago.  It was around 12:45pm on a Wednesday.  It was a rainy damp day and as I had been anticipating when I arrived at work, the assistant manager was waiting for me at the door.  In all honesty, I was not surprised that I would get terminated as I sat in the manager’s office with a friend, a weasel, and a liar all in the room with me.  I actually expected this to happen long before now as the new manager who was in the store for the last 6 months had done EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to intimidate me and make my every day a nightmare.  It was bad enough that I was struggling with my health at the time, but it was aggravated even worse by the almost daily onslaught by the fiery manager.  What really surprised me during my dismissal conversation were 2 things that were told to me.  What were those 2 things…well that I will get to in a future post…stay tuned. 

All I will say about those 2 things is that it led me to file a complaint against the company with the state.  Sadly, the results were very unsatisfactory as I will explain later.  The lies that Staples brought up against me and the information about me couldn’t be further from the truth.  However along the way before my case went to trial, Staples decided to seek its revenge against me.  They decided to BLACKLIST ME,  INTIMIDATE ME, HACK MY ACCOUNTS, AND WORST OF ALL STEAL MY IDENTITY! 

Yes, you read all that correctly and in future posts I will discuss all of this.  Its bad that they wanted to destroy me, but they did.

As I head toward the 100th post, I am hoping that this blog catches fire and becomes a more widespread interest from former and current employees and anybody else who has ever shopped at Staples.  After all, the BBB closed my complaint against Staples without answering the real question of why they store credit card information.  Sad that the BBB don’t care about consumers any better than that.  Let’s strengthen this blog and make it work after all the company doesn’t even know it exists.  At least I have one savior moment in my life!

Up Next:  Who’s Drawer is It Anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment