Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Best Hacking to Date?

It was rumored this week that the latest company to be hacked into was Staples.

Honestly, I am not surprised as I mentioned that this would happen back a few months ago.

Apparently, the company has the authorities looking into this hacking, but has not made any official announcement regarding any hack on its credit card system.

The word is that the affected area was the northeastern part of the U.S.  This would mean possibly that the areas would include New England and possibly New York and further.

Since no other details have been given, I am not going to speculate on the scope of the hack, but I expect that Staples will release that information soon hopefully,

However, it should be noted that Staples has been the only company that has not formally come out and admit to being hacked after it was announced publically by a third party security blogger.  This leads to a couple of questions:

·         Why is Staples reluctant to admit to the hack? 
·         Are they afraid of losing sales?
·         Are they afraid that their stock price will plummet on the formal news as other companies have already have happen?
·         And most importantly, are they afraid it will be over for their company?


While I can’t answer any of these questions, it should be of no surprise to readers of this blog that Staples is in denial of any hack to their company.  After all, Staples is known for their underhanded ways of doing business and of course all of their lies.

I expect to report back in some future post when more is known about this hack, but until then we are all left sitting on our hands.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

To those of you who follow this blog through the Blogger service, this message pertains to you.  This site is at http://louisbrowntruths.blogspot.com/.

For those who go to the above mentioned site, this will be the LAST post to that site.  I have been thinking about ending support for this site since the WordPress version has caught fire.  However, my answer was made much easier over the last few weeks for the following reasons:

·         Microsoft has discontinued support for Microsoft Live Writer, which was the main program that I used to post to Blogger.  Many of the add-ons haven’t worked for months so the posts got no exposure through Facebook or Twitter.   
·         There were only 2 known followers to that blog site.  Supporting 2 followers is impractical given the time it takes to make a version for Blogger.  If I had more followers, I may have continued to post to that site.  It just is not practical.
·         Finally, Google search only shows my WordPress entries and not the Blogger posts.  It is ironic for an application owned by Google doesn’t even show up in their own search results. 

So overall unless you stumbled upon the blog, you would not even know it existed.  I feel that the time saved in transferring the blog over will allow me to spend more quality time in the WordPress version.  Hopefully, no readers feel slighted by this elimination.  All of the posts will remain on this site until either Blogger is closed down or they decide to close my site down due to inactivity.

In a way, I feel sad about ending that site as this is where it all began but I believe it is the best for everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment