Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Trip to the Butcher Shop 2014

Last night the nation once again visited Barack’s Butcher Shop, where the only thing available is baloney.

Lots of baloney. Tons of baloney – enough for everybody in the country to share some of it.

I am not going to discuss a lot of that here as there are other places that will tear apart his annual State of the Union address delivered last night. I am only going to highlight some important points that I feel are important here.

The first point was creating IRAs for all employees. This would work great if places paid employees enough to sock away money into an IRA in the first place. This is an empty promise that will go absolutely nowhere fast.

The idea of raising the federal contractor’s minimum wage to $10.10/hour is absolutely stupid on many fronts. First Obama expects Congress to pass a national minimum wage bill to equal this new standard that he wishes to deploy on the contractors. I highly doubt this will ever happen because to many businesses are back-pocketed in the Congress. I would like to note that after nearly 13 years of working at horrible Staples I managed to get slightly over $10/hour pay after all those years.

On another note, most women I worked for at both Woolworth and Staples were making MORE than I was for the same job and even being employed for a less amount of time. I call it reverse discrimination. However, Obama finally calls it a sense of equality especially given that women still make less than men. Of course, all the congresswomen stood up and applauded this statement. Unfortunately, Obama has no sense of the real world in some instances.

Then we have the praise of the lower unemployment rate. Fewer people apply for jobs because more people are leaving the workforce; therefore the unemployment rate goes down. However, the reason why people are leaving the workforce may also be the same reason I did: without unemployment compensation one cannot afford to go looking for a job because they can’t afford to.

This does NOT mean that I don’t try to get a job. I still make out applications online from home, but because evil Staples has lied about me and has destroyed all my chances, I have been unable to get any interview for a job whatsoever. Given that it is coming up on 5 years of being unemployed, the pain of not being employed gets even worse.

And then finally, there was the cheer given by Obama to the head of General Motors headed by a woman who has turned the company around at taxpayer expense of course. It was only a couple of months ago that the taxpayers were finally off the hook for this company. Seriously, is this the best example of how American business should be run?

Overall, I found enough baloney being tossed around for this 1 ½ hour comedy that I wondered why this is not picked up as a weekly sitcom. It is sad to say that this room of millionaires could care less about the rank and file people of this country, while they are driven in their limousines back and forth from the congressional chambers. If only those people knew how the other 99% lived than they would get out of their fantasy world. If you are like me, you should be angrier about this speech than encouraged.

It should be noted that nothing was mentioned about the NSA or the spying on people, which is something we should all be concerned about. Apparently he didn’t want everybody rolling around in the aisle laughing over this.

We certainly live in a very sad country right now and this no answers were given here.

On a completely different note, the craft store Michaels has now been added to the list of companies attacked with a data breach. Unfortunately, little is known of any details of what happened, but I expect this may be fairly big when all the details get out. I still expect about another half dozen retailers to announce breaches in the next couple of weeks or sooner if they are smart. I guess we will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment