Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Randomness This Week

Last week was not a good week for me. Between bad storms that played havoc on my electricity to extreme heat to a near concussion that I suffered from hitting my head, it was absolutely one of my worst weeks ever. To top off all that, I go my annual allergies again that have yet gone away.

Since I still am not feeling the greatest and missed last week without any explanation, I have decided to offer up some random thoughts this week.

First, before everything fell apart for me last week, I was going to write about 9/11. Instead since nothing major happened that day, it was best to say nothing about it and save my thoughts for next year when we celebrate the unlucky 13th anniversary.

However, I am confused why MSNBC still has to show this tragic event year after year as it happened on the tragic date. Doesn’t this network ever think about being respectful to those who lost their lives on this horrific day? After all, I know of no other event that gets this kind of annual replay.

Second, the government is on the verge of another shutdown and the republicans want to defund the Affordable Care Act. Why have they never offered their own alternatives to the program? Are they in the back pockets of the big insurance companies that continue to rip people off with over-priced premiums while at the same time denying people the benefits that they are paying for?

Third, over the last few weeks, I have opened the times that I have been online to answering any questions on my Facebook page. The results have been less than stellar except for a couple of overly curious people. In a way this is good, but somehow it can get a little intrusive, but I don’t mind answering questions on virtually any subject. What does bother me in all this is those people who post to my comments well after I have logged off for the day. This is the same effect as talking behind my back. This is I find rude and proof that some people don’t really want to talk to me. I will continue to do these question sessions as I feel that they are fun and interesting nonetheless.

Finally, some of you may know that recently my high school celebrated its 30th class reunion. Some may be waiting for my explanation for my reason of not going and trust me, it will happen soon. It is just that every time I start wanting to write about it, some other topic or somebody has something to post about it on the class’s Facebook page. I haven’t forgotten about it, but I do feel that some may be offended about what I have to say. Consider this a pre-warning.

I am hoping that next week I will have something more exciting to write about than what I wrote about. I just feel that every once in a while it is important to stray off into a different direction. Maybe it is just my allergies talking right now so I will stop now until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment