Thursday, June 6, 2013

Half Year Assessment

Here we are: near the half-way point of the year.

Ironically, I have heard some very extreme comments aimed at me in the last few weeks. Some have bothered me and some I find downright annoying.

First, there seems to be a couple of trends I have heard:

· Staples is eliminating many full-time positions in exchange for more part-time positions. Many companies are doing this same sort of thing, but it doesn’t appear to happen as rapidly.

· Staples stores that get new management seem to target one certain full-time employee and aggravate them until they either quit or force them to get fired. The latter was my case exactly. The bad thing is that much of this is unwarranted, unjustified or in my case both. This is a growing trend I have heard a number of times in recent weeks.

Second, there seems to be concern by some commenters that I am unaware of the facts regarding the company:

· As I have pointed out in the past, everything that I write is either based on personal experiences or information that is provided when I write a posting. If I feel that a correction is needed I will do it in a future posting, not re-edit an existing post. The reason for that is that I want to make people aware of the incorrect information that is/was available at the time of that particular posting. Certainly, Staples has the right to change any information they want to at any time for whatever reason. However, the one thing they can’t change is the truths that I tell them about my personal experiences.

· Which leads me to this: One recent commenter didn’t seem to like this blog because it was “bashing” with false information by an uneducated, rude person. This right here is just the type of person that Staples embraces as their ideal employee. Certainly this person not only understands the purpose of this blog, but doesn’t like the hatred that I am spreading with it.

I have no intention of stopping or changing this blog in anyway whatsoever. In fact, since I extended this blog to WordPress, the number of followers has increased significantly. I believe that there are many people who hate the company as much as I do.

In the coming months, I plan on advancing my own story (hopefully), but I also like to stay current with the lies and scams that Staples does along with other retailers out there. As always I accept all comments and will post them accordingly. Let me make clear, however, that rudeness will not be tolerated under most circumstances.

I am proud of how far this blog has come since it began 3 years ago. Because of you, the followers, it continues to grow.

As always, thank you for your ongoing support and tell everyone you know to follow this blog. Together we can put Staples out of business once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment