Monday, October 3, 2011

The Way I See It: LePage Hates the Unemployment Fraud?

This commentary refers to this story:

http://www.chron.com/news/article/LePage-Maine-targets-unemployment-fraud-2198012.php#loopBegin

Let’s do some math here:

The state claims 6.5 million dollars wasted on unemployment benefits.

Take that number and divide it by $300 (roughly the average benefit).

Take the result and divide it by 13 weeks (the average unemployment period-not really).

The result is roughly 1700 people are defrauding the state.  I highly doubt the number is that high, but just another way for Mr. LePage to manipulate the numbers.  I know myself that I NEVER defrauded the state, I just could never get a job.  Maybe, Mr. LePage should look at reality before jumping to such a conclusion.  Just saying that people should take the first offered them doesn’t apply when you are never offered one in the first place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment